2014-06-23

Romeo and Juliet Excerpt 1 -- before the Party

[Intended to be presented by junior high or high-school level students of English as a foreign language.]

Narrator: Romeo, Benvolio, and Mercutio are talking in a street.
  Romeo is sad because Rosaline does not return his feelings.
  Benvolio and Mercutio try to cheer him up.

Benvolio: Let's go to the Capulets' party.

Romeo: But I don't feel like going to a party.

Mercutio: It'll be fun! We can dance!

Romeo: How can I go to a party when Rosaline doesn't love me?

Benvolio: There are prettier girls than Rosaline!

Romeo: Not for me. I have a bad feeling about this.

Benvolio: We'll be wearing masks, they won't know who we are.

Mercutio: We can have a dance and leave.

Romeo: You can dance. My heart is too heavy.

Benvolio: Rosaline will be at the party, too.

Mercutio: And you can compare her to the other girls. We're wasting time talking.

Benvolio: You'll see. She's not the prettiest girl in the city.

Narrator: So the three young men decide to attend the Capulet's party.

[Continues here.]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿